Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Brief Synopsis

As promised, I'm back with some of the major details of my backpacking trip around Europe. First, I want to start off by introducing my backpacking buddies. I will be traveling with two friends, Jack Bangay and Josh Caswell, from my amazing hometown of Milton! You have to be from Milton to understand that sarcasm. We have been hoping to go on this trip ever since the end of high school. Now our chance is finally here, well in 4 months, but everything is piecing together beautifully and the three of us cannot wait until September comes.

We are planning on traveling to as many countries as we can fit into 3 months and will be staying in hostels for the majority of the nights. We are using www.hosteleurope.com to coordinate which hostels to stay at and I have added a Google Map on the sidebar that will show where we are and have been throughout our trip. Just below the map is a link to a great new feature offered in Google Maps and shows the major cities we plan to visit. Also, below that, I will keep a tally of my expenses throughout the trip and post the numbers in a graph in the sidebar.

I am trying to make this blog as useful as possible for people who are planning on or want to go backpacking around Europe. Any suggestions on what to add to this blog would be greatly appreciated. Until next time, cheers!

1 comment:

the striped apron said...

I used www.hostels.com the entire time i was there, also check out www.ryanair.com and www.easyjet.co.uk wonderful airlines, flights are like 15GBP (so like 50$) return