Thursday, August 16, 2007

Plugging TripAdvisor...It's That Good!

Yes! I am putting a plug on my blog for TripAdvisor.com without them knowing (I hope they don't get mad :)). The site is really that good! I first heard about this website through The Amateur Traveller Podcast, which is useful for tips and travel advice. Despite, the interviews being a little boring and awkward, they are informative.

Anyway, I was, and still am, very impressed with TripAdvisor.com. It has every attraction, a lot of hotels (and some hostels), a lot of restaurants and bars, and useful travel tips from around the world. I know what you're saying, "Well, there are many sites like that." However, this one is different. It has all the above rated and reviewed by fellow travellers, which is great for picking what to do and where to stay. In addition, there are candid pictures and videos uploaded from other users.

Other than the great community feel of the site, users can save any attraction, hotel, restaurant, or review in an organized way. I apologize for my poor description of the capabilities of the website but once you try it out, you will understand its potential. Finally, it has goLists, which are users' trips for anyone to view and possibly replicate. To be honest, I have only scratched the surface of what this site is capable of.

Before ending this post I want to fill you in on the changes to our trip. Recently we have cut out Greece, Austria, and possibly the French Riviera. We felt we were travelling to much and not giving certain cities the time they deserved. Therefore, we have given a few extra days to some of the originally planned cities. This will help keep our trip a vacation, more relaxed. I can only imagine that other travellers try to pack too much into a trip and I advise against it. Take the 'pack your suitcase and then take out half' advice and apply it to travel destinations (maybe half would be too much but you know what I mean).

This post and the last have been too much writing. Here is a brief video of a similar trip to mine.

3 comments:

Chris from the Amateur Traveler said...

Hi, from the boring guy

Chris Christensen
Amateur Traveler podcast

Kelly said...

Traveling is a passion of mine. One of my biggest passions.:-) No doubt about it. Except trip adviser I would also recommend VirtualTourist, it is also very useful when I choose next destination of my trip.
For so many people traveling is perceived as a luxury. That is the greatest misconception about traveling. Just as it is with nearly everything else, the choices you ultimately make will have repercussions on your wallet and bank account. I'm not saying that you must forgo all comforts of staying in Prague hotels when you are in Czech Republic, but you can find budget accommodation in order to travel on the cheap. That's all right if you want to travel on a shoestring budget. However, millions of people have discovered that budget traveling makes for a wonderful experience. You just need to plan and prepare accordingly...

erectile dysfunction drug said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.