Thursday, September 20, 2007

Final Day In Ireland

Last night and today have been for relaxing. We have finally caught up on missed sleep and are resting our sore legs. We actually went on saw Superbad last night! It was a very cool experience. We were assigned seats in the cinema and the ads before the movie were much different than what I would expect at home. It was a great cultural experience, not to mention the hilarity of the movie.


We did a little more walking around Dublin today but there really isn't a lot to do here. However, we did find a Tim Horton's!! I was excited to have a coffee but it only had baked goods. How can you call it a Tim's if it doesn't sell coffee?

Also, I have uploaded all my pictures so feel free to check them out and leave me comments.

As a final note, Ireland has easily taken the gold medal for the best place I've seen, so far. The next destination, Norway, will put up a good fight for first place. We're basically skipping over Oslo because there doesn't seem to be much to do there. That leaves us with 3 days or so in Bergen. I can't wait to go on a boat trip through the fjords. Anyway we have to book a hostel for tomorrow night now. Yes, we are cutting it close but we'll find a spot. Until next time, slainte.

2 comments:

mom said...

Hi,

Your pictures are great! I didn't think I would be interested in going to Ireland, but now I can see I would love it. I like the caution road sign warnings. Did you find anything with the name Brendon on it or Wilson?
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Can't believe a Timmy's without coffee! Andrew, your pictures are giving us a terrific idea of the cities and countryside. The hostels look quite comfortable...and cozy! Ireland obviously seemed to agree with the three of you! Must have been the Guinness.
Love,
Jack's mom