Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day -7

Only one more week to wait! Everyday my excitement grows and I wish this week would be over so I can finally be in Europe. The latest addition to our trip is Eastern Europe. I am super pumped about this!! I didn't think we would make it out to Poland, Austria, or Hungary but now they are most likely going to happen. This is exactly our open, flexible plan is good. We can change the cities we want to visit at anytime. Unfortunately, we will have to cut out other cities (most likely Stockholm and Barcelona) to allow us to visit Krakow, Vienna, and Budapest. I would much rather have it this way though.

This has presented me with another planning opportunity. Our train pass doesn't work in Poland, Czech, or Slovakia. However, individual tickets seem to be relatively cheap and shouldn't be a problem to get over there. Rail Europe offers a European East pass that is about $230 for 5 days of travel. This option seems pretty good to me too except that you have to buy the pass before going over to Europe. Seeing that we still aren't fully sure where we want to go, we will wait to buy train tickets while in Europe.

No comments: